Sunday 5 February 2012

Happy THE Year!


2012 is going to be THE year. It seems this year, I'm aware of new year's beginnings more than ever before. Get out there, try new things, make this year OUR year. I like the Chinese New Year (such good celebrations!) and celebrating it after the 'calendar' new year means that January gives me the chance to take stock and make some decisions - what is going to be a priority this year? What's on that list of resolutions, or in my case, what am I asking for this year - from myself and from the universe?

2012 is the Year of the Dragon. Chinese dragons are a symbol of power, strength and good luck. The perfect emblem for what promises to be a year full of big and exciting changes. The fireworks Steven and I watched last weekend at the Lakeside Arts Centre were amazing - a goosebumpy sign of things to come. I'm a bit scared of 2012 too if I'm honest (power, strength and good luck can be scary!), but as my friend Sonja says 'leap and the net shall appear.' Heck yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment